The 10 Most Common Procedures in our Office
Smile Design Studio is your fist line of defense against dental health problems. Dr. Falco and this staff provide preventative and restorative treatments for all of our patients. We use only state of the art technology and the most advanced treatments to accommodate your needs. This is a brief list of the most common dental procedures in our office meant to keep you smiling.
Exams and Cleanings
Regular dental exams are the best way to care for your smile. During these easy appointments Dr. Falco can keep your smile looking and feeling great. These appointments will generally last 45 minutes to an hour and should occur every six months.
Benefits of Exams and Cleanings
- Discover problems early
- Preventative treatments
- Professional cleaning to keep mouth healthy
- Polish surfaces of teeth to prevent decay
Digital X-Rays and Intra-Oral Camera
Our dentist in Lake Mary uses only the most advanced technology, including advanced digital X-rays and Intra-Oral Cameras. This saves time, is less invasive, and provides clearer results. With this common procedure we can see every aspect of your teeth and mouth. Once a year you should receive dental X-rays and Intra-Oral Imaging.
Benefits of X-rays and Imaging
- Clear picture of the teeth and other structures of the mouth
- Provides more information about your dental health
- Uncovers cracks, plaque, cavities and wear.
- Allows dentist to make informed decisions on treatment
Many people think fluoride treatments are reserved for children, but truth be told fluoride treatments are one of the most common procedures we provide at Smile Design Studio for children and adults. With just a few minutes your teeth can be treated with fluoride. After the treatment you will likely be asked to not rinse, drink or eat for about 30 minutes so the fluoride can set.
Benefits of Fluoride Treatment
- Prevents plaque buildup, decay and cavities
- Strengthens the enamel
- Protects the teeth from bacteria
Sometimes at home dental care can only go so far. The hard to reach areas of your mouth are constantly at risk. Sealants are an easy bonding method involving a plastic resin that protects the deep groves on your tooth’s surface. Though it is a more common dental procedure for children, sealants can still benefit adults. Most sealants will last between 3 and 5 years.
Benefits of Sealants
- Protect deep groves and surfaces of teeth
- Sealed teeth are less likely to harbor decay
- Easier to brush and clean tooth surfaces at home
Bonding and Veneers
If you are looking for conservative treatments to protect and improve your teeth, then you want bonding and veneers. These general dentistry treatments are used for slight cosmetic problems like chips, cracks or slight gaps in your teeth. The procedure is not as invasive as other methods and can be completed with just one appointment.
Benefits of Bonding and Veneers
- Easy way to improve appearance of your teeth
- More affordable treatment
- Colors will closely match natural shades of your smile
Aside from bonding and veneers there are number of other dental restorations common to our practice. These include fillings, bridges, crowns, root canals and dental implants. Whether you have a cracked tooth or a missing tooth, we can find the right dental restoration for your needs. All of these restorations are meant to restore the health, support, structure and function of your teeth.
Benefits of Dental Restorations
- Natural looking restorations to match your natural smile
- Restores and strengthens teeth and underlying structures
- Improves oral health and function of teeth
- Relieve pain caused by decay and cavities
Another aspect of general dentistry in our office is dentures. There are two types, both full and partial dentures, and they are removable sets of teeth that use a metal frame to attach and connect to any natural, existing teeth.
Benefits of Dentures
- Natural-looking replacement for a full or partial set of teeth
- Function just as natural teeth
- Easy to clean and maintain
Laser therapy allows our dentist to deliver precise treatment for both the hard and soft tissues of the mouth. The common procedure can detect cavities, improve tooth sensitivity, reshape the gums, gum surgery and muscle attachments.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Treatments do not require anesthesia
- Fast recovery time
- More comfortable and less invasive
Protecting your smile should be a top priority. One of the easiest ways to do so is by getting a mouth guard uniquely shaped to your teeth. It is especially common to use mouth guards for sports, but they can also be beneficial for those who constantly grind their teeth.
Benefits of Mouth Guards
- Protect the teeth
- Custom made for a comfortable fit
- Does not inhibit breathing
- Easy to keep clean
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Another common procedure in our office is the treatment for wisdom teeth. They are the very back molars of your mouth and can cause a number of problems if they grow incorrectly. Typically the wisdom teeth are removed in the late teens or early twenties, because at this point it is not likely the roots have fully formed. It makes the extraction faster and easier on both patient and dentist.
Benefits of Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Helps maintain shape and alignment of existing teeth
- Prevents teeth from becoming impacted