Call Us Now: (407) 804-0770
There are many people that will refuse to get braces to straighten their teeth despite a strong need for them. The main reason for this refusal is the hassle involved with the thick metal surrounding all of their teeth. In addition to the hassle of braces, there are few people that find braces to be aesthetically pleasing. Some people would rather have crooked teeth than have to wear braces for months and sometimes years. If you are hesitant to get braces installed yet you would love to perfect your smile, Invisalign is the perfect treatment for you. Not only will you not have to deal with the chunky metal braces on your teeth for long periods of time, but you will also find that Invisalign is barely noticeable on your teeth. A consultation with Dr. Falco at Smile Design Studio will get you started on your smile’s transformation into perfection.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to unsightly metal braces that utilizes a series of clear, removable aligners to shift your teeth into their corrected positions. Each set of aligners will be worn for approximately two weeks before they are replaced with a new set to continue to straighten your teeth incrementally.
How does Invisalign work?
Specialized computer software will be utilized to design the perfect plan for moving your teeth from their current positions into the best possible alignment. These adjustments will be broken down into two week segments that will incrementally make changes to the positions of your teeth. This has to be a slow process in order to prevent damage to the roots of your teeth. The number of two week segments can vary per patient anywhere from 10 to 30, depending on how drastic the changes will be.
Is Invisalign an effective treatment for teenagers?
Over the years, two features have been created to make Invisalign a more effective treatment for teenagers. One feature is the “eruption tabs” that ensure the molars that haven’t completely grown in have adequate space to continue to grow to a healthy size. Another new feature to Invisalign for teenagers are the “compliance indicators”. Sometimes it can be hard for young teens to see the value in having the perfect smile which can lead to teens wearing their aligners for an insufficient amount of time to properly shift their teeth. The “compliance” indicators are built into the aligner material and they fade with wear. This will allow parents, Dr. Falco, and the teens themselves to keep track of how long the aligners are being worn throughout the treatment.
How do I care for my aligners and teeth while using Invisalign?
As mentioned above, the aligners are completely removable which allows for thorough brushing and flossing of your teeth. This is still a very important process that must not be neglected while using invisalign. If you don’t brush your teeth after every meal and snack, food and plaque can get stuck in the aligners, which can cause tooth decay and gum disease. In addition to brushing your teeth, it will be important to brush your aligners too. This is a simple task that will only require brushing them and rinsing them with lukewarm water regularly.
What are the benefits to Invisalign over braces?
- Improved Hygiene – You will be able to clean your teeth more easily than if wearing braces because Invisalign aligners are completely removable, allowing you to brush and floss normally and without special tools.
- Nearly Invisible – If you are the least bit shy about orthodontic treatment, or find braces to be unflattering to your appearance, the nearly invisible aligners from Invisalign are the perfect solution for you.
- No impact to dietary choices – Diet modification will not be necessary with Invisalign because there are no pesky wires or braces that can become damaged. Throughout your Invisalign treatment, feel free to take a bite out of that apple or finish that pizza crust!
- Comfort – Due to the material of clear aligners and the perfect fit Dr. Falco will ensure, Invisalign will not irritate the soft tissues of your mouth like traditional orthodontic treatment.
- No more teeth-grinding – As an added bonus to Invisalign, those with teeth-grinding or clenching problems will be able to utilize them to protect your teeth from excessive wear.
If you would like to get more information about Invisalign, simply contact our Lake Mary dental office to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Falco. You will find your experience at Smile Design Studio to be extremely friendly and beneficial. The smile of your dreams can be achieved quickly and effectively with Invisalign!
Call Us Now: (407) 804-0770